registering a 44Q Avant in Germany

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

registering a 44Q Avant in Germany

Beitragvon 110-5E » 31.07.2015, 11:54

Hello everyone,

I`m in Belgium and own an Audi 100-5E (43) and a 1990 Audi 100 Avant Quattro (165hp turbo, 44). I`m soon moving to Germany, near Bocholt for a new job and would like to take the Avant with me. At first I can probably drive with belgian registration for a while but will have to register and insure it in Germany at some point as I will completely relocate there. As it seems I`ll need a new insurance which will be quite costly as I have to start quite high in the percentage system. Now I heard there are insurances for old cars. Can anyone tell me more about it? I`d like to keep both cars if possible. Thanks in advance,

Bauke
110-5E

Beitragvon Mathias » 02.08.2015, 13:31

Hi Bauke,
since your cars are already registrated and insured for years it should be possible to get a lower percentage than a beginnen. All you need is a letter from your insurance company in Belgium from when on the cars were insured in Belgium and which kind of insurance you had.
Maybe it makes sense to contact a german company for details. My sister moved to Maastricht a few years ago and she has her car insured in the Netherlands.

Green
Mathias
Skoda Octavia Combi TDI RS raceblau-metallic 2012
Peugeot 207 CC 150 HTP; silber 2007
Ex-Opel Astra H Caravan 1,6; silber
Ex-Audi A2 1.4; silber; Advance+Style Paket; silber
Ex-Audi 100 C4 2,5TDI Avant; ragusa-grün-metallic
Ex Audi 200 T44 Avant Quattro Treser Exclusiv; blau-metallic
Ex Audi 100 T44 1,8 Limo; weiß
und viele andere Autos mehr
Mathias
Projektleiter