Audi 200 20v modifications in Germany (TÜV etc)

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

Audi 200 20v modifications in Germany (TÜV etc)

Beitragvon domas » 04.04.2015, 00:17

Dear community,

I was not able to find respective topic in the forum because my German is very limited. Therefore I am asking here:
It may happen, that at some point I might have to move to Germany - I hope so actually. I have an Audi 200 20v in Lithuania / Litauen where modifications on cars are not controlled too much yet.
In Germany though, rules are very strict - at least everybody says so.

I have purchased 1990 200 20v in Germany in 2009. I hope that soon it is going back to Germany together with me. It is not legal to drive on foreign plated for extended period of time, thus I will consider registering it in Germany.
I have tried to keep my audi as stock as possible, but some things were unavoidable.

HP2 Brakes from s4
    Vaccum based brake servo from Audi A8
    A little lower intrax springs with boge turbo twintube shocks all round - all new in 2010. Originally the car had self leveling in the rear, it was removed properly and installed everything as normal 200 20v without leveling would have. Don't have the papers on shocks and springs, but I might find them on the Internet i guess.
    I am normal rotors in the front, but I am soon going for cross drilled Zimmerman rotors
    Both rear brake proportioning valves removed as they were faulty. But ABS working as supposed.
    Red injectors from Volvo with nearly the same flow rate.
    Chipped ecu from Germany, but it is a bad chip, getting another one soon.

Which of the mentioned may cause problems for me? I am thinking mostly about brake proportioning valves.

Another question regarding Euro 4 sticker. My car was fitted with crappy G-cat device when i bought it - it was removed as it was faulty and interfered with motronic. It is stupid when two lambda systems are trying to adjust mixture, IMHO that is not needed at all. So can anybody give me an explanation? I used my old German registration paper to get a green sticker, which I was pretty sure illegal. Because it did say in the document that I had that crap installed, which was long gone when I was making this. Aren't 220v's having green sticker out of the box? It has lambda and 2 cats.

Thanks guys!
domas

Re: Audi 200 20v modifications in Germany (TÜV etc)

Beitragvon Olaf Henkel » 06.04.2015, 23:42

domas hat geschrieben:Dear community,

I was not able to find respective topic in the forum because my German is very limited. Therefore I am asking here:
It may happen, that at some point I might have to move to Germany - I hope so actually. I have an Audi 200 20v in Lithuania / Litauen where modifications on cars are not controlled too much yet.
In Germany though, rules are very strict - at least everybody says so.

I have purchased 1990 200 20v in Germany in 2009. I hope that soon it is going back to Germany together with me. It is not legal to drive on foreign plated for extended period of time, thus I will consider registering it in Germany.
I have tried to keep my audi as stock as possible, but some things were unavoidable.

HP2 Brakes from s4
    Vaccum based brake servo from Audi A8
    A little lower intrax springs with boge turbo twintube shocks all round - all new in 2010. Originally the car had self leveling in the rear, it was removed properly and installed everything as normal 200 20v without leveling would have. Don't have the papers on shocks and springs, but I might find them on the Internet i guess.
    I am normal rotors in the front, but I am soon going for cross drilled Zimmerman rotors
    Both rear brake proportioning valves removed as they were faulty. But ABS working as supposed.
    Red injectors from Volvo with nearly the same flow rate.
    Chipped ecu from Germany, but it is a bad chip, getting another one soon.

Which of the mentioned may cause problems for me? I am thinking mostly about brake proportioning valves.

Another question regarding Euro 4 sticker. My car was fitted with crappy G-cat device when i bought it - it was removed as it was faulty and interfered with motronic. It is stupid when two lambda systems are trying to adjust mixture, IMHO that is not needed at all. So can anybody give me an explanation? I used my old German registration paper to get a green sticker, which I was pretty sure illegal. Because it did say in the document that I had that crap installed, which was long gone when I was making this. Aren't 220v's having green sticker out of the box? It has lambda and 2 cats.

Thanks guys!

Hi Domas,

Seems all not so serious to me.

The Brakes you can put into the papers at TÜV in Germany. A lot of People have this in the 200 20V.

Try to find papers für the springs. How much lower are they?

The propoertioning valves you have to put back again, they are testing this here.

Red injectors doesnt matter as Long you pass the AU.

Chipped ECU nobody will recognize. The same for the vacuum based brake servo. But for this Im not so sure.

The green Euro 4 sticker is not a Problem. You will get it without Problem, because is not euro4. Is a Kind of Smog / dust Level sticker. Every gasoline car with catalysts gets the green one. Only older diesel cars get Problems with this. So dont worry!

Best regards,

Olaf
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. [Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) ]
Olaf Henkel
Entwicklungsleiter

Beitragvon domas » 07.04.2015, 15:56

Thanks Olaf,

I will put the proportioning valves back in then..

Regarding hp2 brakes, do I need to pass special tests or?

Sorry, but on very underlated note: how to flag this for deletion? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159565 I am not able to post, edit or delete. Anything. I have got the parts already.
domas

Beitragvon Olaf Henkel » 07.04.2015, 18:53

Hi,

only find someone who has it in his Papers. Then go to TÜV and they might do it.

Greetings

Olaf
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. [Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) ]
Olaf Henkel
Entwicklungsleiter

Beitragvon domas » 08.04.2015, 13:53

Thank you.

My springs are Intrax AUD1163
http://www.intraxracing.nl/media/331617 ... ept-14.pdf last line on page 3.

They are lowering 35MM. I will see if I can find a TÜV certificate on it.
domas

Beitragvon domas » 08.04.2015, 14:47

I have just talked to INTRAX and they say they do not have TÜV certificates.
What they can do is supply their customers with technical specifications of products, but the guy was not sure how do the customers proceed upon that.

any experiences with that?
domas

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)