Boxster [Non-S] caliper on 5ktq Inquiry redo

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

Boxster [Non-S] caliper on 5ktq Inquiry redo

Beitragvon oldsklaudidub » 03.10.2010, 23:50

I wanted to restart my previous thread b/c I think there was too much confusion(thread from Motorgeek.com) . So lets get it straight from the get go this time. Boxster Non-S Cailper onto a 5ktq is the goal.

What I know so far:

The RS2 bracket is the wrong bracket, but is a good starting point to use for reference (measurements)

THE BOXSTER BREMBO OPTION (aka the 986 caliper)

This based on the original Boxster Brembo Monobloc four-piston calipers and the Zimmerman 312 x 25 mm rotors (or maybe just an A8 312x25mm rotor). Fits under most 16" wheels.

Boxster Calipers - PN 986-351-421-03 (and -422-03) =$650 a pair from Apikol (Note: Stock Boxster Brembos are mounted differently (trailing vs leading), so for your Audi installation, the bleeders and cross-over tube need to be swapped end-to-end so the bleeders end up on top.)

Lines, pads, etc can be sourced.

Figuring out the brackets

What I know so far:
The bolt hole distance center to center for the strut housing is 94mm
The bolt hole distance center to center for the caliper is 130mm

In my previous thread I learned:
cuatrokoop hat geschrieben:Front track width on a urS4 is 61.5", roughly.

Front track width on a 5ktq is 57.8", roughly.

The front hubs are different, front rotors are different, etc.

What is needed now (the rest of it):

Basically what I find easiest is to measure the mounting surface sides (use X, Y, and Z axis for reference):
The X and Y axis are interchangeable, I will be using the X axis. Imagine your rotor face or hub face as your X,Y axis. The Z axis is the distance forward and back from the rotor/hub face; I am not using the term offset for this b/c I think it might get confusing.

The X axis: The hight of the bracket (thats the strut housing side), this includes the total hight and the measurement to where the bolt hole needs to be
(This dimension determines how far out the caliper sits from hub center, this determines the diameter of the rotor to be used)

Also any dimensions for relief space that needs to be machined should be included.

The Z axis: The width of the bracket (thats the caliper mounting surface), this includes the total hight and the measurement to where the bolt hole needs to be
(This dimension determines the offset of the caliper relevant to where the rotor sits, this dimension is important b/c it is needed to make sure the caliper sits centered over the rotor)
Once again any dimensions for relief space that needs to be machined should be included.

I do not have Boxster calipers and the A8 rotors yet.

I am asking for everyone to please help, if you have a measurement to contribute or have an idea please chime in.
88 5KTQ "White Widow"
95.5 UrS6 "SRS"

www.JustFourRings.com
oldsklaudidub
Crashtest-Dummy
Crashtest-Dummy

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)