A200 with V8 bumpers - possible or not?

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

A200 with V8 bumpers - possible or not?

Beitragvon KRUSH3R » 07.12.2009, 00:20

Hey everyone!
I know that it is possible to put V8 bumpers on A100/200, here the pics
Bild
Bild

The one thing I know - I have to get both front fenders of Avant Sport version (the archs are different of ordinary typ44 versions) and then something to do wits rear archs to not to look stupid with different archs. And also A200 lamps and grille.

But is there anything else I still need? Do I also have to find this metal thing of V8, connecting front longerons? I just have doubts if it fits (Audi V8 has V8 engines, and that might be a problem with the lenght of "that metal thing of V8, connecting front longerons"). Anything else I need?

If somebody have done something like this, can you, please, share with your experience?

Thanks a lot!
My car has four rings, my girlfriend has none...
KRUSH3R
Forumseinsteiger

Re: A200 with V8 bumpers - possible or not?

Beitragvon Mario20v » 07.12.2009, 09:32

Yes, its better to use the connectors of the V8 its the safest way,
i had in mind that you have to cut 10mm of the longeron before welding the conectors to it,
so the bumperarchs wil fit correct to the fenders.
Mario20v

Beitragvon paulfern » 11.12.2009, 11:02

Hey wow this one looks really good..not bad at all.

Nah well I tried this several years back when I went Portugal and took my V8 with me.
My father in law has a type44 100 TD (2.0 tDI) and he saw the V8 and said...WOW...hey that's my car but you have different bumpers...can I put those bumpers on???
WELLLL that night I pulled the two cars in the garage and started seeing what is possible:

I documented as much as spossible on my first web-site here:
http://sites.internet.lu/folders/paulfern/project_t_44_chassis_page.htm#THE%20BUMPERS

Basically the V8 bumpers will fit but some work is required:
here is the V8 without bumper:
Bild

Now here is the 100 TDi without bumper:
notice I have placed the V8 bumper below to prepare for checking and prepare for mounting.
Bild

What needs to be considered is the following:
1) the type44 wings (fenders) must be cut out in the lower area so the V8 bumper fog light housing (see the pciture below can fit ....sort of like the cut out in the V8 wings.
Bild

2) the next issue is the front mounting points ..the Euro typ44 (100/200) uses simple brackets and the V8 uses shocks for the bumper..this can be fixed by creating your own brackets...I recommend to use stainless steel.

3) the side mounting from the 100 versus the V8 are too different from each other..see picture below:
Bild

Unfortunatly I do not have finished pictures of the result but what is shown in the pcitures above from the grey Audi 200 avant is about right.
paulfern
Crashtest-Dummy
Crashtest-Dummy

Beitragvon Mario20v » 11.12.2009, 15:13

Oops, i had not this issues, because i took the V8 Fenders, but now i will change that.
Mario20v

Beitragvon KRUSH3R » 13.12.2009, 17:29

So I understand that the only thing I have to cut are these parts of original A100 fenders for lights? And this is it? Well, I have original A100 European version. Things I have to get are V8 bumper with brackets and A200 lamps with grill? Or something else I have to get?
My car has four rings, my girlfriend has none...
KRUSH3R
Forumseinsteiger

Beitragvon paulfern » 13.12.2009, 21:19

KRUSH3R hat geschrieben:So I understand that the only thing I have to cut are these parts of original A100 fenders for lights? And this is it? Well, I have original A100 European version. Things I have to get are V8 bumper with brackets and A200 lamps with grill? Or something else I have to get?

Yes cutout for the V8 foglights...but no that is not all....not quite...I mentioend above you will also have to adapt the front bumper mounts to the 100 or 200...this is a matter a maybe a home made bracket.

The side brackets are a bit more difficult..you have two choices:
1) keep the Audi 100/200 brackets on the wings and modify the attaching piece on the V8 bumper.
2) keep the attaching pieces on the V8 bumper and somehow try to attach the V8 brackets to the 100/200 wings.

The grill thing is up to you...you can leave the 100 or 200 front end both look OK ...I think.

Now it time for me to quit for today....
:müde22:
paulfern
Crashtest-Dummy
Crashtest-Dummy

Beitragvon catgroom » 12.03.2010, 03:18

Do you actually have the bumpers from the V8??

I can assist you with some Silver V8 bumpers from a 1991 car if you need them.

Very cheap as well.£40!!!

Steve
catgroom

Beitragvon Stonehouse » 05.06.2013, 14:24

Hello!
I'm new here and digging up an old topic to show that it is possible to fit the V8 bumpers to a 200 20v.
A guy I know had an accident with his 200 20v (hit to the rear) but since no 200 were found at that time to donate the whole rear end, he found a V8 in good condition.
So here's the pic from the busted rear end (I hope the picture sizes are correct):
Bild

So the whole rear end was cut down
Bild
And fitted with V8 front and rear end including rear wheel arches.
Bild
Bild

So altogether: V8 front and rear wings and bumpers. :)
Not my taste but it can be done :)
The car is for sale I think, but I'll have to ask permission from the owner to post it here, if anyone is interested. :) Pm me if you are.
Stonehouse
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Fuhrpark: Audi 200 20v Quattro '89

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)