Audi 100 Avant Q Sport(200 20v look-a-like - A question!!!)

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 28.03.2009, 00:13

Mario20v hat geschrieben:I only tried to be funny...

No no no! I meant that I didn't understand what you wrote! There is a saying , when a person doesn't understand , he says "you lost me" :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 28.03.2009, 00:34

By the way , today I finally took my car back , but there is a lot of work to do with it...
Bild

Bild

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ralf-200q85 » 28.03.2009, 13:51

why did you towing??

the engin didnt start?

mfg ralf

sorry,my englisch its not the best :wink:
85er Audi 200 Turbo quattro Avant KG VVFL,auf 07
82er Audi Coupe KE VFL ,auf 07
03er Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8 T quattro

Es wird Wagen geben, die von keinem Tier gezogen werden und mit unglaublicher Gewalt daherfahren.
Leonardo Da Vinci 1452-1519
Ralf-200q85
Entwicklungsleiter

Beitragvon Mike NF » 28.03.2009, 14:38

you have blacken the reflector-frame, didn't you ? looks good

Mike
Bild
Ich hab mehr Spaß, als 'ne blinde Lesbe auf'm Fischmarkt.
Mike NF
Geschäftsführer

Fuhrpark: Audi 195 S-Line
BMW E46 320i

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 28.03.2009, 14:39

Ralf-200q85 hat geschrieben:why did you towing??

the engin didnt start?

mfg ralf

sorry,my englisch its not the best :wink:

Don't worry about your english , I understood everything ;)
The car was towed because the engine area looks like that and so I didn't even try to start the engine:
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 28.03.2009, 14:44

Mike NF hat geschrieben:you have blacken the reflector-frame, didn't you ? looks good

Mike

Yes , I did :)
This was like the first thing which I did when I got the headlights :D ...and also taking the rings away from the grill :)

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon turbaxel » 29.03.2009, 10:06

Hi Ignas. Nice ;)

How did you mount the bumpers?

Shock absorbers or on those original (weak and flat) steel fixtures? ;)
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Bild
http://audi100.selbst-doku.de

Betreiber Audi 100 Selbst Doku, Organisator. Münchner Treffen
turbaxel
Projektleiter

Beitragvon Mike NF » 29.03.2009, 12:35

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:
Mike NF hat geschrieben:you have blacken the reflector-frame, didn't you ? looks good

Mike

Yes , I did :)
This was like the first thing which I did when I got the headlights :D ...and also taking the rings away from the grill :)

Bild

looks really awesome !

Mike
Bild
Mike NF
Geschäftsführer

BMW E46 320i

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 13:17

turbaxel hat geschrieben:Hi Ignas. Nice ;)

How did you mount the bumpers?

Shock absorbers or on those original (weak and flat) steel fixtures? ;)

Hi :)

The bumpers were mounted originally as they should be on Audi 200 20v :) All the work wasn't done by me - it was done by mechanics who were fixing my car after the crash :)

Now I have a heartache finding those chrome parts on a front bumper...
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 13:21

Mike NF hat geschrieben:
looks really awesome !

Mike

I painted it with mat black paint , but a friend of mine , who did the same , told me that it is better to spray the frame with glossy paint , because then the light is reflected and somehow the whole headlight looks even darker :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mike NF » 29.03.2009, 13:27

sounds comprehensible. how did you cover the rest of the reflector? adhesive tape isn't the best idea, i suppose
Bild
Mike NF
Geschäftsführer

BMW E46 320i

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 14:26

Mike NF hat geschrieben:sounds comprehensible. how did you cover the rest of the reflector? adhesive tape isn't the best idea, i suppose

Do you mean this area?

Bild

I covered it with this , aaammm , touch pencil :)

Bild

By the way , yes , adhesive tape isn't the best idea: another friend of mine did it and so now he has some tape hanging a little loose from the heat :lol:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon UFlO » 29.03.2009, 14:27

Hi Ignas,

maybe there's is a chance to find the parts from an Audi 5000 (US-Model) ?.
Okay, they are a little bit different but better than "nothing" I think...
Bild

Have you allready tried it to find them here ?
http://forum.group44.de/viewforum.php?f=8
A few month ago, someone from here sent me really really good parts for a fair and nice price.
Could you imagine ?, even the rubberpart between chrom-parts and headlights is like new. :shock:

Geetings,
Florian
UFlO
Projektleiter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 14:48

Florian K. hat geschrieben:Hi Ignas,

maybe there's is a chance to find the parts from an Audi 5000 (US-Model) ?.
Okay, they are a little bit different but better than "nothing" I think...
Bild

Have you allready tried it to find them here ?
http://forum.group44.de/viewforum.php?f=8
A few month ago, someone from here sent me really really good parts for a fair and nice price.
Could you imagine ?, even the rubberpart between chrom-parts and headlights is like new. :shock:

Geetings,
Florian

Hello Florian ,
well , there is always a chance , but there is a big problem - these cars are even more rare than 200 20v :lol:

Nevertheless , yesterday I called this guy who is selling an Audi 5000 and asked if he could sell me these parts , unfortunately he refused , because he is selling this car as a whole , not for parts(even if it costs around 300euros and it's a piece of crap)
Bild

I haven't tried looking for these chrome parts somewhere abroad ,including this forum , because this will double or triple the cost , even if the parts dont look massive or heavy , but they will cost a lot to send and I can't afford high costs for such things :roll:

By the way , I have an old rubber part between chrome and headlights from my car - it looks OK , although it feels like a solid plastic , but it's OK. So , If , by some miracle I will get these chrome parts , will that rubber-plastic part fit in?

Few days ago I learned that chrome parts are somehow different on Audi 5000 and Audi 200 20v , but the only difference I see is that there are no plastic endings on the side parts. Are there any more differences? I never actually compared them in real , though I have seen both cars in reality just in the different places , so they looked exactly the same :roll:
Zuletzt geändert von Ignas.quattro am 29.03.2009, 14:54, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 14:51

By the way , are these "quattro" signs that go on the front grill , somehow different on Audi 200 and Audi 100? Because the one I had on my Audi 100 grill seems to be a bit too big for Audi 200 grill :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon UFlO » 29.03.2009, 15:03

Hello,

the rubberpart is different between Audi 100 and 200 20V. The clips for example. And the part from the 200 10V is different to both of them, too.

The quattro sign could be different, too. I don't really know. But I Think there could be differences because of the rips in the front-grill ?!?.
UFlO
Projektleiter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 15:18

Florian K. hat geschrieben:Hello,

the rubberpart is different between Audi 100 and 200 20V. The clips for example. And the part from the 200 10V is different to both of them, too.

The quattro sign could be different, too. I don't really know. But I Think there could be differences because of the rips in the front-grill ?!?.

Isn't there a possibility to fit that rubber part in Audi 200? I think it can be adaptable somehow :roll:

I think I will have to make some modifications to that sign as well , in order to fit it in :roll:

I could have just bought Audi 100 parts and there would be no problems... :lol:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon UFlO » 29.03.2009, 15:29

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Isn't there a possibility to fit that rubber part in Audi 200? I think it can be adaptable somehow :roll:

Yes, there should be a possibility, someone here in the forum did it, too. I can't remember his name at the moment...
UFlO
Projektleiter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 29.03.2009, 15:38

Florian K. hat geschrieben:
Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Isn't there a possibility to fit that rubber part in Audi 200? I think it can be adaptable somehow :roll:

Yes, there should be a possibility, someone here in the forum did it, too. I can't remember his name at the moment...

I told you so ;)
Now , all I have to do is find these chrome parts...
Or temporarily I could put on the ones from Audi 100 , with a little double-sided adhesive tape :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon DeeDee_KL » 29.03.2009, 23:32

does the 5000 runs? 300 Euros Price? would go for it and even drive it to CZ! ...
...wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn ... Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal... Die Sonne scheint mit Glitzerstrahl...Die Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band... Weisse Streifen, gruener Rand... Jetzt schalten wir ja das Radio an... Aus dem Lautsprecher klingt es dann... Wir fah'rn auf der Autobahn... - Kraftwerk
DeeDee_KL
Entwickler

Fuhrpark: Fiat 126bis - 700ccm ubermegapower
und dazu auch paar Ringe :-D

Beitragvon Mario20v » 30.03.2009, 08:32

No no no! I meant that I didn't understand what you wrote! There is a saying , when a person doesn't understand , he says "you lost me" :)

Sorry
Could
Not
Resist

to make a joke. :wink:

I did the same with the Headlights of my 200 20v but due to the drying of the paint,
the reflectors got matt.
Althought i have wait roundabout 12 hours in the summer before i start assembling.
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 30.03.2009, 15:16

DeeDee_KL hat geschrieben:does the 5000 runs? 300 Euros Price? would go for it and even drive it to CZ! ...

As I remember it doesn't ,but there are no major problems :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 30.03.2009, 15:18

Mario20v hat geschrieben:

Sorry
Could
Not
Resist

to make a joke. :wink:

I did the same with the Headlights of my 200 20v but due to the drying of the paint,
the reflectors got matt.
Althought i have wait roundabout 12 hours in the summer before i start assembling.

Ok , everything understood :)
Well , I started assembling an hour after I painted them , but after that , I had my headlights in the room for more than a week :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 30.03.2009, 15:44

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Well , I started assembling an hour after I painted them , but after that , I had my headlights in the room for more than a week :)

Maybe, the heat of the Lightbulbs forced the drying and the outgassing of the paint.
because ther was more precipitate above the bulb.
Mario20v

Beitragvon DeeDee_KL » 30.03.2009, 17:42

DeeDee_KL hat geschrieben:does the 5000 runs? 300 Euros Price? would go for it and even drive it to CZ! ...

what about a deal ? :)

i will send you 300 Euros, you will buy it - dissasemble the light and few other things, send those to CZ and the rest you can keep it as scrap ? :)
...wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn ... Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal... Die Sonne scheint mit Glitzerstrahl...Die Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band... Weisse Streifen, gruener Rand... Jetzt schalten wir ja das Radio an... Aus dem Lautsprecher klingt es dann... Wir fah'rn auf der Autobahn... - Kraftwerk
DeeDee_KL
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 30.03.2009, 22:17

DeeDee_KL hat geschrieben:

what about a deal ? :)

i will send you 300 Euros, you will buy it - dissasemble the light and few other things, send those to CZ and the rest you can keep it as scrap ? :)

OK , sounds interesting :) Tell me what other things do you need?
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon DeeDee_KL » 31.03.2009, 19:17

what it has for an Engine and what you would need ? :) ... actually .. i would need just few scrap things ...
DeeDee_KL
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 31.03.2009, 20:25

DeeDee_KL hat geschrieben:what it has for an Engine and what you would need ? :) ... actually .. i would need just few scrap things ...

It says that it has a 2.2 engine , so I guess it's KU probably :roll:
I would only need , hmm , probably nothing from it :D Maybe the front chrome parts on the bumper , but they are different from the ones on 200 20v :roll:
So just tell me what you need from it :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon oldsklaudidub » 01.04.2009, 06:18

Still on the hunt for that center piece of chrome trim?

In the USA every T44/C3 from 1985 to 1991 has the same center piece of chrome trim. Reguardless of part number they will all fit.

Now I really like that grill. I have the web link to the company who makes it. I would purchase one but with the exchange rate it is very expensive for someone in the USA to purchase. With the parts cost, shipping, taxes; if find it more trouble than it is worth to pruchase. I am very crafty and have a few extra grills I would not mind cutting up to make one of those. The only thing I am looking for is some close up high quailty pictures of the grill. That would allow me to see the detail which I would then be able to make the grill myself.

Anyway, great to see that your getting closer to getting the car back on the road.
88 5KTQ "White Widow"
95.5 UrS6 "SRS"

www.JustFourRings.com
oldsklaudidub
Crashtest-Dummy
Crashtest-Dummy

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 01.04.2009, 15:37

oldsklaudidub hat geschrieben:Still on the hunt for that center piece of chrome trim?

In the USA every T44/C3 from 1985 to 1991 has the same center piece of chrome trim. Reguardless of part number they will all fit.

Now I really like that grill. I have the web link to the company who makes it. I would purchase one but with the exchange rate it is very expensive for someone in the USA to purchase. With the parts cost, shipping, taxes; if find it more trouble than it is worth to pruchase. I am very crafty and have a few extra grills I would not mind cutting up to make one of those. The only thing I am looking for is some close up high quailty pictures of the grill. That would allow me to see the detail which I would then be able to make the grill myself.

Anyway, great to see that your getting closer to getting the car back on the road.

Yes , I'm still looking for that center chrome parts , as well as the both side parts - nowhere to be found...

Well , you have to have only one extra grill to make such grill without rings :)
As soon as I get my car from mechanics , I will take some close up pictures and send you via e-mail , just write me yours :wink:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)