Audi 100 Avant Q Sport(200 20v look-a-like - A question!!!)

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

Beitragvon Avantus » 05.01.2009, 14:08

omg, horrible news :(
Avantus

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 05.01.2009, 22:16

Yes , these are bad news... Especially NOW , because I was waiting for the snow so impatiently , and now that it has come (I mean , now we have A LOT of snow :shock: ) my car is standing crashed in a garage...
That is the worst nightmare of every quattro owner :-(

Bild

Bild

Bild

When the driver's wheel is standing straight
Bild

then the passenger's wheel is not that straight...
Bild

Bild

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Ignas.quattro am 05.01.2009, 22:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 05.01.2009, 22:25

This is how much snow we have now in Lithuania
Bild
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon barny » 05.01.2009, 22:31

Oh that looks not good. Do you mean it's repairable?

My Quattro is still not running because i'm repairing the rear axle and here is much snow too :-( :lol:

Greetings
barny
Entwickler

Fuhrpark: Audi 200 Avant MC2 Quattro Bj. 88
Audi S6 Avant C5 LPG Bj. 2000

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 05.01.2009, 22:47

Well , everything is repairable , it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend :)
The biggest concern for me is the lifted roof above the doors , It means that the whole body has moved during the crash and that is veeery bad news :-(
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 12.01.2009, 20:47

Hmm , just to lighten up the mood - a pic from 2008 summer - all shiny and clean , looking good... :-D Now I have spare parts for my Audi and this week I may start repairing it... One of the biggest problems is the absence of sport fenders - they are nowhere to be found :shock:
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 13.01.2009, 08:33

But what aubout the bended roof, how do you want to fix that ?
Mario20v

Beitragvon turbaxel » 13.01.2009, 10:36

Hi Ignas,

very bad news indeed. :(

My respect for immediately trying to repair it. You'll have a hard time gettin' those fenders, though.

You could get them from VW Classic Parsts center for a hefty 485 € each.

Ouch!

Then, you could try to get some 20V fenders and the then needed 20V bumpers. Much more protection for your car, you could even fit shock absorbers into them.

Just my 2cents...
turbaxel
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Bild
http://audi100.selbst-doku.de

Betreiber Audi 100 Selbst Doku, Organisator. Münchner Treffen
turbaxel
Projektleiter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 14.01.2009, 17:12

Mario20v hat geschrieben:But what aubout the bended roof, how do you want to fix that ?

amm , I have no idea... It's not that much bended , to be honest...
Of course , it IS bended a bit , but I think that is not that big deal :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 14.01.2009, 17:19

turbaxel hat geschrieben:Hi Ignas,

very bad news indeed. :(

My respect for immediately trying to repair it. You'll have a hard time gettin' those fenders, though.

You could get them from VW Classic Parsts center for a hefty 485 € each.

Ouch!

Then, you could try to get some 20V fenders and the then needed 20V bumpers. Much more protection for your car, you could even fit shock absorbers into them.

Just my 2cents...
turbaxel

Hi ,
oh yes , these are bad news , for sure...

Fenders - 485 € each? No , thank you , sir :lol:

Yes , I was thinking about putting 20v fenders , but those are as hard to find as the ones on my car :shock: and then there is a problem finding BOTH (front and rear) bumpers from 20v(or whatever model - USA version) , because they are rare as well... If they are by some sort of mirracle found , then there is a little issue of repainting them... so you see , it all comes down to money , if the parts are found ;) Money , which I don't really have , cause I'm a student , for gods sake :lol:

Ignas
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 15.01.2009, 08:47

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:
Mario20v hat geschrieben:But what aubout the bended roof, how do you want to fix that ?

I would say,
if the doors are closing properly an ther is no airdraft at higher speed in the cabin
and no cracked glas panel, it should be ok.
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 15.01.2009, 19:56

Mario20v hat geschrieben:

I would say,
if the doors are closing properly an ther is no airdraft at higher speed in the cabin

Well , as for now , I only checked the doors and they seem to be closing OK... Maybe a bit lighter than it was before , or maybe not... The front windshield is not broken , everything looks normal apart that there is a tiny tiny bit bigger area between the chrome part of the window and the roof , but this seems more or less OK as well...
When the car is fixed I hope that the air won't be blowing inside , or the water going inside... I think I will do some tests with the water :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 16.01.2009, 08:32

I would say,

Well , as for now , I only checked the doors and they seem to be closing OK... Maybe a bit lighter than it was before , or maybe not... The front windshield is not broken , everything looks normal apart that there is a tiny tiny bit bigger area between the chrome part of the window and the roof , but this seems more or less OK as well...
When the car is fixed I hope that the air won't be blowing inside , or the water going inside... I think I will do some tests with the water :roll:

I would recomand the test wit water als well.
Please tell us the result of the test.
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 12.02.2009, 18:22

Well , it seems that the first crash was a sign of faith to stop driving this car , but I loved this car so much , that we started repairing it , but god damn , after this I'm afraid to drive it - it's gonna kill me next time...
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Udo-TQ 44 » 14.02.2009, 22:57

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh Ignas, that looks terrible!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have just repaired the car - and then you've crashed it again???
It seems to me, you should'nt drive this car further!

But dont give up, another Audi C3 is anywhere still waiting for you ;) ...

Greetz, Udo
Udo-TQ 44

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 15.02.2009, 23:10

Yes , it does look terrible...
Well , it's good , that the car was only fixed to be driveable - no repainting , no new plastic parts in front ,no bumper , no chrome parts on the bumper - as I said , the car was only fixed to be driveable and waited for being repainted and only after that , the whole front would be fitted with new parts , so this is the only good news... I mean , It would have been worse If I had fixed the whole front and then made this accident :shock:
We will see what happens with this car - will it be fixed or will it be taken apart , but you know , I don't like any of the options... :cry:
Another good C3 is hard to find , especially a decent Turbo Quattro - this is the only one I want right now...
And there is one strange thing - no matter how old these cars are and that they brake down quite a lot , even with small things every two weeks , but god damn , Audi typ44 is the only car that I want as my other car 8)
I loved them since I was a very little man , but since I had one for a year , I now know for sure - I love these cars , I just love them!
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 27.02.2009, 19:02

OK , so I did a little thinking and decided to get my car fixed , but fixed not in the right way...
I mean , I will make my car a 200 20v look-a-like :)
I now have almost all the parts needed for this , just waiting for the money to start all the work:
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

I also thought of putting the wood into my interior , so I did a little photoshop work and it turned out that it looks quite nice :) By the way , sorry for this very unclean interior , but this happens when you leave your car to be fixed , those damn untidy mechanics...

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 27.02.2009, 19:08

By the way , there are some parts which I cannot find...
Those are three chrome parts on the front bumper:
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 21.03.2009, 20:05

So my car will come back soon I hope , some more work has to be done(fixing the injection system , connecting the lights) and then It , at least , could be driveable :) In the meantime , I bought some nice R17 wheels for the new look of my car , with a little "stretched tire" style , 8.5J rims on the front , 9J on the back :)
Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 23.03.2009, 08:29

You should not drive this car in teh Winter! :wink:
The Tires of your new Wheels have the same size?
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 23.03.2009, 22:38

Mario20v hat geschrieben:You should not drive this car in teh Winter! :wink:

Well , maybe I should - I just have to be more careful :)
No , the tires are different , but the difference is very small - 0.9%. I talked to a guy who knows about these cars and he said that this shouldn't affect or break anything... People drive with 2.4% differene or more and nothing bad happens...
Tires on the front are 215/45R17 (on 8.5J rims) and on the back 235/40R17(on 9J rims).
And , yes , I know that it is recommended to put all four tires that are the same , but we will see what happens... If anything starts to feel wrong , I will change the front tires to the same as the back ones - 235/40R17 :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 24.03.2009, 08:28

No , the tires are different , but the difference is very small - 0.9%. I talked to a guy who knows about these cars and he said that this shouldn't affect or break anything... People drive with 2.4% differene or more and nothing bad happens...
Tires on the front are 215/45R17 (on 8.5J rims) and on the back 235/40R17(on 9J rims).
And , yes , I know that it is recommended to put all four tires that are the same , but we will see what happens... If anything starts to feel wrong , I will change the front tires to the same as the back ones - 235/40R17 :)

Sounds good to me!
If the 200 20v look-a-like is done, you could think about to swap to a 3B or AAN. 8)
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 24.03.2009, 18:20

Sounds good to me!
If the 200 20v look-a-like is done, you could think about to swap to a 3B or AAN. 8)

Well , this would be quite a nice idea , because my car is little lighter than the original Audi 200 20v , so It would be a bit faster :) Unfortunately ,such a project is impossible now and I think It won't be possible until I get my own job with a good salary , so I guess this is what I have now and this is what I will probably have and try to maintain in as good condition as I can for quite a time ,until I will have my own steady financial situation :)
By the way , this look-a-like thing is almost finished and I guess that on Friday I'm gonna take my car from a painter , then tow it to a mechanic to fix the fuel injection system , then connect all the lights and blinkers and things like that...
Oh , I also have to change a broken windshield , but this can wait for a little longer :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 25.03.2009, 09:46

Wait till winter is gone! :wink:
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 25.03.2009, 11:00

Mario20v hat geschrieben:Wait till winter is gone! :wink:

For changing a windshield? :-)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 25.03.2009, 11:40

No no, wait for the end of winter, to fix the car,
so there is less chance to crash the car again.
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 25.03.2009, 17:09

Mario20v hat geschrieben:No no, wait for the end of winter, to fix the car,

haha , this is not funny :lol:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 26.03.2009, 08:47

*SCNR* :D :lol:
Mario20v

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 26.03.2009, 23:23

*SCNR* :D :lol:

amm,you lost me with this one :roll:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Mario20v » 27.03.2009, 08:10

I only tried to be funny...
Mario20v

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)