Audi 100 Avant Q Sport(200 20v look-a-like - A question!!!)

feel free to post your questions or conversations in english.

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, globale Moderatoren

Re: Audi 100 Avant Q Sport(200 20v look-a-like - A question!

Beitragvon DerSportkombiDavid » 13.02.2015, 22:13

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:It's funny how Europeans want US look on their cars , while Americans want euro look :D :D

No one would ever understand this thingy :wink: .
MfG David

Augen auf und durch!
DerSportkombiDavid
Entwickler

Fuhrpark: Audi 100 Avant Komfort 2,3 E, Cayenne-Perleffekt ´90
Audi 100 Avant Sport 2,3 E, Titangrau-metallic ´90
Honda Gorilla Nachbau 50 ccm entdrosselt, Schwarz 2014

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 15.02.2015, 17:09

Can someone please in easy and understandable language explain me the parts of which Autocheck system consists? In other words - If I were to remove a complete Autocheck system(except for the instrument cluster) from another car and to install it to mine , what would I have to take out?

I found some wiring diagrams , but they are absolutely unclear to me :cry:
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 15.02.2015, 18:11

If someone could take some time out of their life and help me with this , I would be very greatful!
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 15.02.2015, 23:10

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:If someone could take some time out of their life and help me with this , I would be very greatful!

Hi Ignas!

It's been a few years since I did the operation last, and this is from memory only, so no guarantees!
The facelift Autocheck comprises of the following 4 components, besides the instrument itself:

1) Sending unit in windshield wiper fluid reservoir (I don't remember for certain if this unit can be installed in a ”normal” reservoir, but I don't believe so)

2)”Relay” for front light (low beam) bulb warning (#281, located in auxillary relay panel behind drivers "map compartment" )

3)Sending unit for rear light/brake light warning, located in left side of trunk (in limo at least, behind cover near antenna if equipped) - looks like this:
Bild

4)Bulb-holders for taillights (different from ”normal” bulb-holders because the 4 (2 on each side) 5w driving lights are on 2 separate circuits with Autocheck)

Regarding wiring, there are a few things to be aware of, I don't have time to go into all details now unfortunately (would be happy to do it at a later time, if you need me to) – but the three wiring harnesses I'd make sure to pluck out of the donor car would be:
1) The plug which goes directly into the back of instrument cluster (ideally including all wires until they go into another plug, but that's very time consuming)
1) The taillight wiring harness (at least from the taillights to ”behind” the taillight sending unit.)
2) The relay socket for relay 281 including the wires which go directly to the fuse-box.

All of the other wires are more or less single wires, which can be quite easily "replicated".

Hope this helps you a bit :)

Best regards, Chris
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark
http://www.vagfan.dk

Alltagsautos: '90 Audi 100 Limo "Komfort" 2,3E - '92 Audi 100 Avant van 2,3E
Sommerautos: '83 VW Santana LX 1,8 (Sondermodell "W20") - '87 VW Passat Variant 1,6 (Sondermodell "Trend") - '89 Audi 100 Limo 2,3E - '90 Audi 100 Limo 2,3E (Sondermodell "Komfort")
Im Aufbau: '89 Audi 100 Limo Quattro 2,3E (Sondermodell "Komfort")
cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 17.02.2015, 01:55

Wow , this is the most help I've got so far!!! This is roughly what I imagined - easy to understand and with pictures :)) Now I start to see things much clearer!!!!

But if you can explain me more in details , I would be very very greatful! Then with your instructions I could just go and take everything out of that car 8) :D
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 17.02.2015, 20:21

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Wow , this is the most help I've got so far!!! This is roughly what I imagined - easy to understand and with pictures :)) Now I start to see things much clearer!!!!

But if you can explain me more in details , I would be very very greatful! Then with your instructions I could just go and take everything out of that car 8) :D

Glad if I could help a bit :) - I will try to find time to write a more detailed explanation before the weekend, but ultimately it will depend on my work, so I can't promise anything :?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

Sommerautos: '83 VW Santana LX 1,8 (Sondermodell "W20") - '87 VW Passat Variant 1,6 (Sondermodell "Trend") - '89 Audi 100 Limo 2,3E - '90 Audi 100 Limo 2,3E (Sondermodell "Komfort")
cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 17.02.2015, 20:24

Oh snap, the guy is completely getting rid of the remaining body during the weekend and I'm going there on thursday , hopefully... it's rather far away from me, ~70kms one way.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 17.02.2015, 22:30

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Oh snap, the guy is completely getting rid of the remaining body during the weekend and I'm going there on thursday , hopefully... it's rather far away from me, ~70kms one way.

Ahh ok – so you're on a tight schedule for plucking what you need, I can go into a bit of detail on that, then the install-details can wait a bit (phew) :D -
I found some pictures of what I took out of my donor when I did the upgrade time before last – I think that should help you on thursday :)
Again, this is only from memory and my old pictures - I havent had time to double-check anything, so no guarantees !

Okay, so first off there's the harness for the plug which goes into the instrument itself, it can be untangled from the instrument harness to end up looking like this:
Bild
The grey/white wire goes directly to the 1,8bar oil pressure switch via the engine wiring harness – I didn't want to remove the whole engine wiring harness, so I cut that wire.

Then there's the ”low beam warning relay”:
Bild
The yellow and yellow/black wires go directly to the low beam lightbulbs (left/right), so unless you want to take that whole harness; cut them :)
The yellow/green and yellow/brown wires connect to the green plug in the bottom of the fuse box, and can be removed from that without cutting.
The brown wire (ground) will need to be cut, unless you take the whole harness.
The white wire (in the yellow plug) goes to the windshield washer fluid sender, and will have to be cut (unless you untangle the whole engine wiring harness).
The grey/red wire in the yellow plug goes to the hydraulic brake pressure switch, and will have to be cut (unless you untangle the whole engine wiring harness).

Lastly there's the taillight harness:
Bild
When looking at the harness there's a kind of ”splicing point” from which 4 strands emerge (top middle of the picture) – those four strands go:
1) Towards black plug for rear light sending unit
2) Towards white plug for rear light sending unit
3) Towards the taillights
4) Towards the front of the car
Again, you can of course take the whole wiring harness, or you can cut somewhere on the strand which goes towards the front of the car. In that strand, there are 3 thin wires which will not be found in the non-autocheck wiring harness, those are the red, the gray and the black/blue wire (red and grey can be seen coiled together in the bottom left of the picture) those can be followed to a plug in the front of the car if you don't want to cut them, but if I remember correctly, they are quite entangled in the rest of the wiring harness (I did untangle them though, but I wasn't under time-pressure when i did it ;)).

That about sums up the wiring harness removal part as far as I remember :) So if you come home with those harnesses as well as the 2 bulb warning units, the wiper reservoir w. sender and taillight bulbholders, you should be able to get Autocheck working completely as factory original :) (btw: "normal bulbholders" can be converted quite easily to "autocheck bulbholders if need be)

Oh, and by the way, just to be clear; all of the above is just the Autocheck-part, I assume that you already have the BC (board computer) wired?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 18.02.2015, 00:57

Wow , that is exactly the kind of help I was looking for - with pictures and details , superb!! Thank you very much , but please don't leave me at this point , I will still need you now and later on :lol: :lol:

Anyhow , so before going there , I wanted to know:

1) In the first picture , the oil pressure wire is clear to me, but where does the yellow connector and the two brown-ish connectors go? Why two? Will I have them in my car? What do they connect to? I sort of assumed that the yellow one connects to the yellow one from the second picture , but I'm not sure , as I'm not sure about the two brown ones too.

2) The yellow and yellow/black wires that go directly to the low beam lightbulbs (left/right) - do I actually have them in my wiring harness and will be able to connect them at whatever place I found them or are these some additional wires that I will have to bring all the way to the headlights?

3)The grey/red wire in the yellow plug that goes to the hydraulic brake pressure switch - I should have it already somewhere too? So should I just find it in my wiring loom and connect it anywhere??

4)You wrote about taillight wiring: "In that strand, there are 3 thin wires which will not be found in the non-autocheck wiring harness, those are the red, the gray and the black/blue wire (red and grey can be seen coiled together in the bottom left of the picture) those can be followed to a plug in the front of the car if you don't want to cut them"
Let's say I follow them up all the way to some plug and disconnect it. Where will I be able to connect it in my car? Do I have that plug? Is that one of the connectors/plugs that belong to the AC wiring loom near the instrument cluster? (The brown plug maybe??) What about the black/blue wire? Where does it go , what does it connect to and where should I cut it at?

5) By saying "2 bulb warning units" you meant the 281 relay in the front AND as well that white thingy in the back , for the taillights?

6) I checked that taillight bulb holders for cars with Autocheck have "A" at the end of their factory number , so I will double check if they are the right ones. There is actually a chance that either one or both that I use now in my car are actually the right ones, because I've changed them in the past.

7) What about brake pad indication?

And no , I don't have the BC properly wired, unfortunately. I have it wired to my handle though, but I have the KG computer and injection system and someone told me that KG never had A BC , so there is no way to actually "get" the information about fuel etc. , which I don't know if it's true , but basically my BC is not connected and doesn't really work , apart from showing time.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 18.02.2015, 19:05

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:Wow , that is exactly the kind of help I was looking for - with pictures and details , superb!! Thank you very much , but please don't leave me at this point , I will still need you now and later on :lol: :lol:

Anyhow , so before going there , I wanted to know:

1) In the first picture , the oil pressure wire is clear to me, but where does the yellow connector and the two brown-ish connectors go? Why two? Will I have them in my car? What do they connect to? I sort of assumed that the yellow one connects to the yellow one from the second picture , but I'm not sure , as I'm not sure about the two brown ones too.

The brown plug in the right side of the picture, is for connection to the factory radios, in order for the Autocheck to show current radiofrequency and so on, this plug is placed in a holder behind the centre console:

Bild

The other brown plug as well as the yellow plug are placed in the holder which is located to the left of the auxiliary relay panel (this is sort of the ”wiring centre” of the car where a lot of things like lamps, sensors and so on are connected to the ”user interface” parts like instrument cluster, switches and so on).
The yellow plug is probably completely empty in your car, so you just have to put it in the holder, and connect it to the yellow one from the second picture, as you already guessed:

Bild

The brown plug probably already has wires in you car, so you'll have to remove the wires from the donor-plugs, and put them in your existing plugs – on one side goes the wires from the autocheck plug, and on the other side goes the thin wires from the taillight sending unit (gray, red and black/blue):

Bild

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:2) The yellow and yellow/black wires that go directly to the low beam lightbulbs (left/right) - do I actually have them in my wiring harness and will be able to connect them at whatever place I found them or are these some additional wires that I will have to bring all the way to the headlights?

Yes, on your car the yellow and yellow/black wires are already connected directly from the green plug in the fusebox to the headlights.
Because the bulb warning works by comparing the current-draw from the headlights, the relay has to be connected in series ”between” the green plug and your headlights – this can be done by removing the yellow and yellow/black wires in the green plug in your car, and replacing them with the yellow/green and yellow/brown wires from the harness from the donor car, then connecting the yellow and yellow/black wires from your car to the yellow and yellow/black wires from the donor harness :)

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:3)The grey/red wire in the yellow plug that goes to the hydraulic brake pressure switch - I should have it already somewhere too? So should I just find it in my wiring loom and connect it anywhere??

Well.. yes and no :) - it's true that you already have a connection to the pressure switch in your existing harness. BUT, it is connected in parallel with the level switches from the brake fluid reservoir and the hydraulic fluid reservoir. With the mini-check this is fine, because they all light the red ”brake warning” light in the dash - but you may have noticed that this light tends to flash even after the engine is started, if the car hasn't been driven for a long time - this is because the pressure reservoir (the bomb) has lost pressure, and this needs to be built back up before the pressure switch is ”switched off” again.

In principle you could leave the harness wired like it is, and just leave the extra wire to the Autocheck hanging. BUT: The autocheck latches warnings for a period of time (i.e. even if a switch is grounded for only a second, the Autocheck will be lit with the appropriate warning for a period of time (can't remember how long, maybe a minute or so...)) and the warnings in the Autocheck are accompanied by a ”BEEP BEEP BEEP”. This means that in the event of the car not having been driven for long enough for the brake pressure reservoir to be without pressure, you would get at ”BEEP BEEP BEEP” and have to look at the brake warning for a minute, when starting the car, even though everything is working as it should. SO, long story long, to avoid this, the signal from the brake pressure switch is routed to a different channel in the Autocheck instrument, in which the instrument ”ignores” the channel for the first minute or so after starting, to avoid the ”BEEP BEEP BEEP” and so on... And you'll have to retrofit this separate wire to the pressure switch, if you want the Autocheck to function completely as factory.

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:4)You wrote about taillight wiring: "In that strand, there are 3 thin wires which will not be found in the non-autocheck wiring harness, those are the red, the gray and the black/blue wire (red and grey can be seen coiled together in the bottom left of the picture) those can be followed to a plug in the front of the car if you don't want to cut them"
Let's say I follow them up all the way to some plug and disconnect it. Where will I be able to connect it in my car? Do I have that plug? Is that one of the connectors/plugs that belong to the AC wiring loom near the instrument cluster? (The brown plug maybe??) What about the black/blue wire? Where does it go , what does it connect to and where should I cut it at?

Yes, as you already guessed, those will have to be connected to the existing brown plug in your car, which in turn will connect to the autocheck plug behind the instrument (this also goes for the black/blue wire, which can be untangled all the way to the front just like the grey and red, if you have the time :)).

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:5) By saying "2 bulb warning units" you meant the 281 relay in the front AND as well that white thingy in the back , for the taillights?

Exactly ;)

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:6) I checked that taillight bulb holders for cars with Autocheck have "A" at the end of their factory number , so I will double check if they are the right ones. There is actually a chance that either one or both that I use now in my car are actually the right ones, because I've changed them in the past.

OK - I'm not sure if this is universal or just coincidence; but until now the Autocheck-ones I've seen have been grey plastic, and the normal ones have been black plastic – I'd love to know if you find the same to be true :)

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:7) What about brake pad indication?

Brake pad indication is a part of the existing wiring harness in your car (in either the black or brown plug in the back of you instrument cluster, seem to remember it's the brown..) – so that will work without adding any extra wires.

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:And no , I don't have the BC properly wired, unfortunately. I have it wired to my handle though, but I have the KG computer and injection system and someone told me that KG never had A BC , so there is no way to actually "get" the information about fuel etc. , which I don't know if it's true , but basically my BC is not connected and doesn't really work , apart from showing time.

Ahh ok - I have no experience with the KG, so can't help you there I'm afraid.. I can wish you a good trip tomorrow though :!: :)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 20.02.2015, 23:24

Thank you very very much so far for the help provided!!!
Before starting to connect everything , I have another problem that I need to solve which involves a constant oil warning flashing ever since my engine was swapped.

So yesterday I removed the wiring with more wires than needed at places , because the whole harness was ruined anyway, so I could cut out more :) I took a complete taillight harness until the connection , but it has some modifications made to it that I can't understand. Maybe there was a non-factory towing hook installed or something. And it looks slightly different , but I think it's a matter of avant/sedan difference, hopefully. I haven't checked the wiring in my car yet to compare, so not easy to tell.

The whole wiring harness of that car was already removed and just tangled up in one place , so it was both easy to find everything , but hard at the same time. Anyhow, the problem is that the car has been standing with windows removed for a few days, so it was very wet inside and some of the connectors , especially 281 relay have had direct contact with water unfortunately :roll: I dried everything up and everything looks OK :roll:

P.S. I've got only one taillight bulb holder with "A" at the end of the code and yes , it's grey , not black. I have to check my garage , I'm sure during those years that I have owned this car at some point I had grey holders installed , but I have changed them to black ones in much better condition.

Anyhow , I still need to find a proper sunroof wiring together with all ceiling lights (I think a V8 wiring harness would be a way to go , since it has all 4 doors with lights and all of them has 3 positions for the lights). Not sure about the sunroof, because mine was mechanical and is not connected properly now :lol:

I also removed some of the BC harness - but I still don't know what does it connect to and where does it go. I just had to cut all the wires at some point because I could not reach where they were going , but all of them were at one place. Do you know where do they go and connect to?

Bild

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 22.02.2015, 14:37

Well you're welcome :) - and what a nice "loot" you have there!

Your oil-pressure warning, does it only come on when engine RPM exceed approx. 2000? Because then it's probably related to (missing) wiring of the Autocheck-instrument.

About the 281-relay having been wet, I doubt very much that it'll have been damaged by that, because the circuitry in the relay is extremely simple :)

How the Board-computer is wired depends heavily on the engine-management of the given engine - for instance on (at least some) engines running KEIII-Jetronic and Motronic, all you need to do is run a single wire or two from the ECU to the BC instrument, and you're done (you also need the right code-plug of course). But on other engines you may have to run wiring to the idle control relay, the ignition module - as well as add a sensor in the fuel-distribution unit. And on other engines still, the BC was never an option. I don't have any schematics for the KG, so I don't know which "category" it falls under.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 22.03.2015, 22:28

cvj-dk hat geschrieben:Well you're welcome :) - and what a nice "loot" you have there!

Your oil-pressure warning, does it only come on when engine RPM exceed approx. 2000? Because then it's probably related to (missing) wiring of the Autocheck-instrument.

About the 281-relay having been wet, I doubt very much that it'll have been damaged by that, because the circuitry in the relay is extremely simple :)

How the Board-computer is wired depends heavily on the engine-management of the given engine - for instance on (at least some) engines running KEIII-Jetronic and Motronic, all you need to do is run a single wire or two from the ECU to the BC instrument, and you're done (you also need the right code-plug of course). But on other engines you may have to run wiring to the idle control relay, the ignition module - as well as add a sensor in the fuel-distribution unit. And on other engines still, the BC was never an option. I don't have any schematics for the KG, so I don't know which "category" it falls under.

No, my oil-pressure warning is ALWAYS on. That is the problem.

So anything specific to know when wiring up the autocheck system or just connect the wires and that is it? :))
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 23.03.2015, 11:23

Always - so on ignition too. Takes a few seconds after I turn the key for the warning to start flashing and beeping.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 04.04.2015, 16:54

Ignas.quattro hat geschrieben:
cvj-dk hat geschrieben:Well you're welcome :) - and what a nice "loot" you have there!

No, my oil-pressure warning is ALWAYS on. That is the problem.

So anything specific to know when wiring up the autocheck system or just connect the wires and that is it? :))

Hmm... Strange - if the 0,3bar oil pressure switch isn't connected (or defective) - the oil pressure warning will come on as soon as the ignition is switched on but it should turn off again when the engine is started - I'm not aware of any circumstances which would cause your exact problem (assuming that the rest of the instrument is in normal working order) :?

And yes - basically you just need to start connecting wires :) - I've actually made a small series about the transplant on my homepage, now that I had dug up the pictures anyway, so maybe you can find a bit of inspiration on there http://vagfan.dk/?p=1087 :)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 05.08.2015, 23:35

Hey!!!

Finally I've started to connect the wires and I found some connection that I don't know and there is no information about it. And there was one more small difference.

In the picture you can see on the LEFT - taillight wiring harness without autocheck , on the RIGHT WITH autocheck.

Bild

Bild

THEN: the remaining three wires that aren't in cars wiring harness that must be connected to the brown plug. It turns out that I already had the black/blue wire in the brown plug. Just had to connect the red and grey wires. But then there are more wires that came with that part of autocheck wiring(where those red and grey wires came from). Two of those remaining wires end up in some black two pin connector. I think it was black/blue + red/green that came from somewhere else (can't remember, but will check it out tomorrow).

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 06.08.2015, 23:26

Looks like I've connected everything (except for the additional plug on the taillight harness, which I don't think is necessary, because for some reason it stays exactly at the drivers seat area) , and I still have to connect brake pressure wire and washer fluid level wire. Which , by the way , I've read could be connected via some GREEN wire , which I indeed found in the yellow plug in my cars harness(as you wrote in your site) , but I have no idea where it's located in the engine compartment. I would love NOT to route any new wires through the engine compartment and use the existing ones , which are not used in my car. A little help on where could this be located?

And then , since I disconnected this one pin blue connector(from taillight harness, blue/yellow wire) yesterday , overnight I forgot where it was taken out from, damn it, such an idiot. :lol: I connected it to where I THINK It was supposed to be connected from the way I remember that it was very uncomfortable to remove from behind the yellow connectors. :D

Now, is this placement in the picture correct??

Bild

By the way , the brown plug for the taillight harness - I just needed to insert TWO wires in the plug - grey and red(which go to autocheck plug, right?). Blue/black was already in the car, but now in the picture below I see that you had it already too. Maybe I mixed it with the wires that come from the taillight harness? I took it out along with the whole plug, so I've just installed the whole brown plug.

Bild

I think It will be fine - will double/triple check everything , but today I've looked through everything and everything seemed to be fine ,in terms of what is connected where, no loose wires(except for the ones I still did not connect, of course :))

I've also found out that the previous owner of the taillight harness had made additional connections for god knows what before the taillight checking unit(the white box). Since I will install the additional 5w lights where the fog lights are (US rear light composition), I will probably use those wires. OR , since the taillight checking unit only checks the difference (right?) I could wire those lights somewhere after the unit and I will also have those to be checked everytime. Do I understand it correctly?
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon cvj-dk » 08.08.2015, 14:51

Hi Ignas!

Good to see that your project is well underway :)

Now, about the plug that ends at the drivers seat; I don't think that any of my donors had that, but the thick wires are all different switched 12V. So maybe your donor had electric seats or something like that? Anyway, as you assume, it has nothing to do with the Autocheck :)

The green wire I've used for the windshield fluid sender is located on the passenger side frame rail, in the same place as the connector for the right fog-lamp and the energising wire of the generator (often it's a bit hard to locate, because you can't see the green from dirt :) This is how it looks on my donor:

Bild

About the brown plug(s):
The one with the female connectors is the one which already has a black/blue and a blue/red wire, the black/blue is what supplies 12V from the car, to the rear sending unit. In that plug, you only have to install the red and grey wires from the plug which goes directly to the Autocheck instrument.
And because you've taken the complete rear harness from your donor (if I'm right from looking at your pictures) the three male connectors from the red, grey and black/blue are already connected, so you should be good to go there.

About the extra 5w taillights, you're absolutely correct; if you connect them after the rear sending unit, they will be part of the check-circuit too, and as long as both left/right draw the same amount of current; no fault should be detected. BUT, of course the unit wasn't designed for that many 5 w bulbs, and to be honest, I have no idea whether the unit could be damaged by the increased amount of current running through it... :S – I'd love to hear about it if you try it out though :)

And finally the blue/yellow wire with the blue connector; I don't have that in any of my cars, because it's the supply for the rear-wiper of the Avant :) - but the schematic says that it should be connected to ”75as” in the ”M” cluster. It will be stamped right next to the connector in the bottom of the fuse-box, but if you can't see it from inside the vehicle (which I'm guessing is almost impossible) – you can pop the fusebox up, from the engine compartment, and then you should be able to get at good look at the bottom :)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Chris, Dänemark

cvj-dk
Parkwächter
Parkwächter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 13.08.2015, 14:57

Thank you for the information! So far my beast is alive, started it after 4 months, but neither Autocheck nor boardcomputer work AT ALL. I have another cluster to check if it works. I hope it will. Another thing is that the oil pressure needle is at its maximum. Probably signal is missing, dont know why... More to come :)
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 02.09.2015, 23:09

Ok, so the interior seems to be finished, without a few minor details that I will finish over some time, hopefully :) Installed the V8 ventilation grill frames that have symbols which ,as you know, glow - a nice feature, which I like , because It took so much work to install :D :D
And lit up ashtrays in the rear doors as well :)

P.S. Autocheck and boardcomputer were dead because of this(picture below). Re-soldered it - works like a charm!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 05.09.2015, 15:40

2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2015.

Bild

BIGGER photo:
http://s28.postimg.org/gg535p0l8/vidus2008_2015a.jpg
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon DerSportkombiDavid » 06.09.2015, 19:47

Hi Ignas,

this is just AWESOME, all the hard work leads to a real beautiful car.
MfG David

Augen auf und durch!
DerSportkombiDavid
Entwickler

Fuhrpark: Audi 100 Avant Komfort 2,3 E, Cayenne-Perleffekt ´90
Audi 100 Avant Sport 2,3 E, Titangrau-metallic ´90
Honda Gorilla Nachbau 50 ccm entdrosselt, Schwarz 2014

Beitragvon 200-20V » 07.09.2015, 17:10

Topp 8) :!: ;)

Gruß Axel.
200-20V
Abteilungsleiter

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 08.09.2015, 11:49

Thank you, thank you :))

Bild

Bild
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Beitragvon Ignas.quattro » 12.11.2015, 01:21

I still have problems with oil pressure warning flashing all the time... :evil: I really don't know where to go. Both sensors , If I remember correctly , work just as they should. It is happening with two different instrument clusters. So could it be the wiring? But if the wires are switched between sensors , the cluster reacts. One way the warning is flashing always , the other way this warning is flashing when the pressure drops below , I guess 1.8bar upon idle with warm engine.
The pressure itself it the engine , I haven't measured it now , but it was good. When it was measured , the problem of constantly flashing warning light was already there.

Any help is appreciated.
Ignas.quattro
Entwickler

Vorherige

Zurück zu Audi 100/200 forum (engl.)